Monday, October 1, 2012

A weird glimpse into my marriage

The hubs... Love him dearly.

He's usually cool as a cucumber. To outsiders he isn't phased by much. Do you want to know how I know he's stressed? He sleep walks like he is fucking Indiana Jones raiding the lost Arc! Sometimes he barricades the room with sweatshirts to keep the snakes out. Sometimes he hunts insects in the room.

Then there are the times like a few nights ago.

He wakes me up nudging me... "Kristie WAKE UP!! YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW!!!"

Naturally, I wake up in panic... "What did you just see?!"

Him: I SAW A MAN WALKING IN THE HALLWAY! YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!

Me: WTF DO YOU MEAN YOU SAW A MAN IN THE HALLWAY?

I'm getting out of bed searching for the nearest weapon, and this fool is getting back in bed getting under the covers.

Me: DUDE!! GET UP NOW!!! What are you talking about.

Him: I saw a man, it was nothing, just go to bed.

Me: still freaking out... Seriously if you don't wake up and give this house the all clear I'm hitting you with a bat!

Him: just go to bed.

Okay, so I'm starting to realize he's sleep walking.

I check the house, the dogs are sleeping peacefully, I know there's no one in the house.

Fast forward to the next morning where he says... MAN, can we talk about my sleep walking?

I just looked at him like... Yea! I'm well aware.

4 comments:

  1. I am totally cracking up over this!! My hubby used to sleep walk too. More sleep talking than walking, but creepy just the same. He ended up having sleep apnea and now that he uses his machine he no longer does it and I can honestly say that I don't miss it.

    Glad that it was just his dream and not a real intruder. Hope you get some sleep tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha OMG that is too funny. He sounds like me. I tend to wake up and try to talk to my husband about things I was dreaming about that make perfect sense to me. I love it! Thanks fo sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I've never encountered sleep walking and I don't know what I would do! I'd think it was real! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy. They also make me feel like I'm
not talking to myself, which is critical for my sanity :)