Monday, July 2, 2012

You are what you eat

This weekend, I bought a watermelon. The following is a conversation that took place in my head.

As I was cutting it up, it reminded me of my childhood.  A beautiful slice of watermelon.  Except my slice was missing seeds.  Oh, that's right!  I bought a seedless watermelon. 

I am a scientist, so the thoughts don't just stop there.  What is a seedless watermelon?  I guess a seedless watermelon is a mutant, a sterile mutant.  I suppose it was genetically selected because of it's lack of seeds.  Looks pretty normal on the outside, but the inside is missing something.  Well there's the occasional dud seed, that clearly looks like something is wrong. 

Holy shit, I am a seedless watermelon.

1 comment:

  1. you are just a seed challenged watermelon, not a mutant watermelon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy. They also make me feel like I'm
not talking to myself, which is critical for my sanity :)