Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Best Present Ever!

The day started with me not wanting to get up.  I decided to get myself a large cup of coffee.  In line in front of me, a pregnant girl 20ish.  Buying cigarettes.  ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS WITH THIS SHIT GOD?

Today I was having a real pity party for myself.  It's not that I want to have a pity party for myself, it's just some days are harder than others, especially holidays/special occasions.  I remember the last holiday/special occasion.  I remember hoping the next holiday/special occasion wouldn't suck as much as this one. Yet here is the anniversary of that sucky day, and things actually suck worse now than they did then.  Then you wonder... how long will this crap go on? You try to be positive, but it is really hard to smile when life is taking a huge dump on your forehead on a pretty consistant basis.  So this morning I was not in good spirits. 


Caption... "Im doing great!"

This is not me, but a pretty accurate depiction of how I feel on most days... yet another gem I found while doing my random googling, and yes, I just made myself laugh out loud again.  I'm not right. 

We've been pending a match for quite some time now with the embryo adoption agency. We have been waiting for the donor's to sign the contract.  Well it has been weeks.  A few days ago, I emailed the agency.  I asked her if they changed their mind.  She said no one has ever done that (every time someone says that, it ends up happening to us).  Well today, we got great news.  WE ARE OFFICIALLY MATCHED, SIGNED, SEALED, but not delivered just yet.  I'm hoping that the timing of this is a sign of good things to come.  We are cautiously optimistic.

15 comments:

  1. Hi from ICLW. Congrats on getting matched! Good luck with the next part of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how exciting to be officially matched for embryo adoption. Hoping and praying it goes smoothly all the way through.

    ICLW #65

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!! That's fantastic news!!! Let yourself be excited - it's one of those rare moments!!! Congrats!!!

    Annissa - ICLW #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the match...that is SUCH GREAT NEWS!

    Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from ICLW! Congrats on the match. I liked your photo. Sometimes I feel like I walk around with a pile of doo on my head, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been laughing about this photo all day. Seriously.

      Delete
  6. What a great birthday present! Congratulations and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the official-ness of the embryo adoption! Here's hoping the rest of the process continues in the same vein. And happy ICLWing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your adoption! And happy birthday! This is all excellent news.
    Love from ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello from ICLW! Happy belated birthday! Congratulations on the embryo adoption. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the embryo adoption. The pic looks like how I've felt for a very long time now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think the picture is only hilarious if you've actually felt this bad. I also think it would be a lot easier to walk around with a pile of doo on your face. People would proceed with caution. I try to find humor in all this mess, but it's hard sometimes.

      Delete
  11. Hi from ICLW

    I know the feeling. I was driving once and saw a woman clearly almost 9 months pregnant, toddler in tow, smoking a cigarette. I really wanted to yell out the window at her.
    Congrats on the embryo adoption. Hope its smooth saililng from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello from ICLW! That is awesome news! Congrats on your embryo adoption! Oh and Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cautiously optomistic, it was my mantra while going through infertility crap. it's the only way to be. you don't want to get your hopes to high up because then you will be crushed if things don't work out. we have to protect ourselves somehow and being cautiously optomistic is a good way to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy. They also make me feel like I'm
not talking to myself, which is critical for my sanity :)